RCD Safety Switch Installation & Testing
By having the RCD’s (Safety Switch) trip time / current tests performed on your premises your company will be fulfilling its obligations under Australian Standard AS/NZS 3760.
RCD Safety Switch Testing
ETS conduct a 6 monthly, yearly or bi-yearly procedure (Pending environment) to ensure that the Australian Standard is being met.
RCD Safety Switch Testing Procedures
- Locate switchboard and identify circuits protected by RCD’s
- Check switchboard door hinge, locking mechanism
and weatherproof seal
- Clean outside switchboard and general area
- Barcode RCD Circuits for tracking and data management procedure
- Push button test to ensure RCD is operational
- Plug in RCD test device and measure for trip time and current in accordance with Standard
- Record all test results and action taken